When you join the Fred Douglas team, you are joining a family who works together and shows care for each other, the residents, their families, and the community. Download an application and apply today!
Certified Recreation Worker
Under the direction of the Coordinator of Recreation and Adult Day Program, the Activity Worker is responsible for resident leisure assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive Resident Care Programs.
- Certified Recreation Facilitator for Older Adults or Degree in Recreation preferred. A combination of education and/or experience will also be considered.
- A minimum of one (1) year related experience working with residents in a long term care facility or relevant experience.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with residents, their family members and an interdisciplinary team
- Good computer skills, familiarity with MDS is an asset
- Good physical health to perform duties involved (i.e. standing, bending, lifting, pulling/pushing)
- Be able to work flexible work hours
- Have a commitment to stay current in issues related to and changes within the Therapeutic Recreation field. Must be willing to update skills as identified on an ongoing basis.
- Valid MB Drivers License
- Current Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector and Adult Abuse Registry Check
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Fred Douglas Lodge
1275 Burrows Ave
Winnipeg MB R2X 0B8
Internal Application (current employees only)