When you join the Fred Douglas team, you are joining a family who works together and shows care for each other, the residents, their families, and the community. Download an application and apply today!
Facility Maintenance Worker (.6 EFT with potential to Full Time)
- Class V Power Engineer or Building System Tech Certification
- 2 years experience in institutional maintenance
- Experience in a Personal Care Home or Hospital setting preferred
- Valid Driver’s License required
Part-time Activity Worker (.68 EFT) 2 Positions available
- Recreation Facilitator for Older Adults Certificate
- Minimum of 1 year related experience
- Good computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Valid MB Driver’s Licence
Under the direction of the Coordinator of Recreation and Adult Day Program, the activity worker is responsible for resident leisure assessment and the planning, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive resident care programs. The successful candidate will be a committed team player, with excellent communication skills and a commitment to stay on top of current issues related to and changes within the Therapeutic Recreation field. Must be willing to update skills as identified on an ongoing basis. The Recreation Department takes a team approach to meeting the needs of the residents and the Activity Worker will be required to support this philosophy.
Position involves extensive physical activity such as prolonged standing, bending, pushing, pulling, and lifting and includes equipment set up and resident portering. Activity Workers may come in contact with pet dander.
Please submit cover letter and resume by April 30, 2018:
Fred Douglas Lodge
1275 Burrows Ave
Winnipeg MB R2X 0B8