When you join the Fred Douglas team, you are joining a family who works together and shows care for each other, the residents, their families, and the community. Download an application and apply today!
Maintenance Worker – .6 EFT
The Maintenance Worker under the direction of the Director of Support Services, installs, maintains and repairs heating (including hot water boilers and other pressure vessels), ventilating, air conditioning, domestic hot water systems and pneumatic controls.
Monitors HVAC systems and performs preventative maintenance according to established schedules. Maintains and updates the Preventative Maintenance Program within the department and provides leadership in problem solving.
The Maintenance Worker conducts and records monthly fire drills and provides fire safety training to facility staff.
The successful candidate must be prepared to be on-call for evenings, weekends and holidays on a rotating basis.
- Must possess a Class IV Engineering Certificate or Building Systems Technician Certificate.
- Certification in Fire Safety procedures preferred as the successful candidate will act as the facility Fire Marshall.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow architectural and federal engineering drawings, schematics and specifications as well as manufacturers installation and maintenance documentation
- A self-starter who is able to work independently
- Able to handle large volumes and varieties of work
- Understands the economic impact of equipment and supply use
- Ability to communicate effectively
- 3-5 years experience working in a healthcare facility, preferably a geriatric setting
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Fred Douglas Lodge
1275 Burrows Ave
Winnipeg MB R2X 0B8
Internal Application (current employees only)